Make a Claim
Smart Traveller Insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance. Chubb Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers, operating in 54 countries.
Chubb Insurance manages all claim requests and settlements on behalf of Smart Traveller Insurance.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
Submitting your claim online gives you more control and convenience.
Through the Chubb Claim Centre you can begin processing your claim online, receive immediate confirmation of submission, reduce steps and time to completion, and receive SMS updates.
Make a claim using the Online Claim Form here.
What you need to submit a claim online:
- Your Details enables Chubb to validate your claim. You must have an email address to submit your claim online.
- Supporting Documents vary based on claim type, but any relevant receipts, photographs or quotes should be attached to your online submission to expedite assessment.
- Intended Payee Information allows Chubb Travel Insurance to quickly make approved payments.
- Advise all claims to us within 30 days of a claim event or as soon as reasonably practicable.
- You must submit all supporting documentation, e.g. medical reports, police reports, declarations, receipts, valuations or other such evidence we may request to assist us in the prompt resolution of your claim.
- For liability claims do not make any admission or offer. Request the claim against you be put in writing.
- All losses under baggage, personal effects, travel documents and money must be reported to local authorities and/or your transport provider and written acknowledgment obtained.
- In respect of medical expenses overseas you should submit claims to your private health insurance provider prior to lodgement with Chubb.
Use the Chubb Assistance Line +61 2 8907 5666 for specific assistance on all travel emergency matters whilst travelling.