24/7 Overseas Medical Assistance with Chubb Assistance
Smart Traveller Insurance offers Emergency Overseas Medical Assistance, 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. Our emergency support provider is Chubb Assistance. One phone call connects you to the Chubb Assistance network of specialists for immediate help in an emergency.
If you are overseas and in need of medical assistance call the international operator and place a reverse charge call to: +61 2 8907 5666. Read more about Emergency Contacts.
If you are admitted to a hospital or you anticipate costs are likely to exceed $2,000, you must advise Chubb Assistance as soon as practically possible.
What is covered?
- Overseas emergency medical, hospital, ambulance and dental expenses in the event of an accidental injury or sickness or disease.
- Overseas emergency medical cover for a select range of Pre-Existing Medical Conditions, provided their specified terms and conditions are met. Please refer to the PDS for full details.
- Emergency evacuation – If required, we will arrange your medical evacuation to the nearest appropriate medical facility or country.
- Emergency repatriation – If required, we will organise your return to Australia
What is not covered?
- Medical treatment, dental treatment or ambulance transportation which is provided in Australia.
- Emergency dental treatment that is not on sound and natural teeth
- Any expenses for a service not approved and arranged by Chubb Assistance
Terms and conditions, limits and exclusions apply. See PDS for full details.