One Trip Travel Insurance
Smart Traveller Insurance offers One Trip International and Domestic insurance policies. One Trip polices provide you with insurance cover for a single trip for the dates you select.
If you travel often you may like to consider the Annual Multi-trip cover, which gives you unlimited individual trip cover for trips up to 90 days duration (international policies) and 45 days duration (domestic policies).
One Trip Cover Eligibility
To be eligible for One Trip Travel Insurance you must be:
- an Australian resident
- between 18 and 80 years of age when you apply
- Individual - Cover for 1 Adult
- Me plus One - Cover for 2 Adults
- Family or Group Cover - for Adults and Children all travelling on the same journey. Children are covered for free under Family or Group cover.
Where can I travel?
- Worldwide including the Americas and Africa (excluding Cuba)
All worldwide locations (excluding Cuba for US Citizens). You must select this geographical region if more than 20% of your Journey is in the Americas and/or Africa.
- Worldwide excluding the Americas, Africa and Cuba
UK, Europe, Japan, Hong Kong, China, the Middle East, the Indian Sub-Continent and locations covered by geographical regions 3-5 below.*
- South East Asia
South East Asia and locations covered by geographical regions 4-5 below.*
- New Zealand/Pacific Islands Indonesia (including Bali)
New Zealand, Indonesia (including Bali) the South West Pacific Islands and location covered by geographical region 5 below.*
Australia. (Domestic Cover only)
* Geographical regions 2-4 include the Americas (excluding Cuba for US Citizens) and Africa if less than 20% of Your Journey occurs in the Americas (excluding Cuba for US Citizens) and/or Africa.
What is covered?
Our International One Trip Travel Insurance provides cover for unlimited emergency medical, hospital and dental expenses, travel delays, cancellations, personal liability and more. See our Summary of Benefits to see all benefits for various cover levels. Terms conditions exclusions and limits apply, for example we will not pay for, for medical treatment, dental treatment or ambulance transportation which is provided in Australia). Please read the Product Disclosure Statement for a full summary of benefits and exclusions.
Our Domestic One Trip Travel insurance provides cover for cancellations, luggage, travel delays, rental vehicle excess and more. See our Summary of Benefits to see all benefits for various cover levels. Terms conditions exclusions and limits apply, for example we will not pay for Transport Provider delays, cancellation or rescheduling (unless it is as a result of a strike of which there had been no warning prior to the purchasing of a One Trip Policy). Please read the Product Disclosure Statement for a full summary of benefits and exclusions.
Cover for all budgets
We offer two types of One Trip Cover to suit all budgets:
- Essential Cover – Our basic level of cover includes unlimited medical cover, cancellations, luggage.
- Smart Traveller – Our comprehensive level of cover includes unlimited medical cover, coverage for travel delays, and higher limits for cancellations, luggage and other additional benefit types.
Choosing an excess
You can choose your excess when purchasing your policy. A higher excess will reduce your policy premium.
- International policies
You can choose between having a $100 or $200 excess
- Domestic policies
You can choose between a $50 or $100 excess.
Read a comprehensive list of our Frequently Asked Questions.
Read the full policy wording in our Product Disclosure Statement.